Project Out or Awning Windows is a top hinged outward opening window that protects the opening like an awning, providing ventilation even during rainy weather. Project Out windows are suitable in nearly every style of home and frequently used in bathrooms with obscure or textured glass. Awning Windows can protect your home against moisture, even when they’re open during a rainstorm. Because of the way Awning Windows are constructed, they allow for nearly 100 percent of viable ventilation, without the threat of water seeping into the home. The benefits of Awning Windows are numerous. Its crank out design makes it the perfect solution for hard to reach places like over the kitchen sink and allows for effortless opening and closing. Opening to the outside lets the awning catch breezes and, as a result, provide better ventilation than a slider.
- Good Ventilation. Awning windows can be placed higher in walls than many other types of windows. When placed high, awning windows can provide natural light and ventilation, without compromising privacy. High placement also allows for maximum wall space for design aspects such as art and furniture placement.
- Weather-tight construction, good choice in damp climates. Awning windows can protect your home against moisture, even when they’re open during a rainstorm. Because of the way awning windows are constructed, they allow for nearly 100 percent of viable ventilation, without the threat of water seeping into the home. Awning windows also offer a superior seal against air pass through.
- Attractive, contemporary look. Newer awning windows use friction hinges at either end of the top edge. This allows the bottom edge of the awning window to swing open, creating a fresh, contemporary look.
- Unsafe for high traffic areas of the exterior home. Awning windows have open projecting sashes. If an awning window sits overlooking sidewalks, decks, porches, or terraces, someone can easily collide with the windows’ jutting sashes.
- Require frequent washing. Open sashes on awning windows are exposed. The open slashes slant as well, so they can become dirty faster than other types of windows and require regular washing.
- Escape may be difficult. Screens and storm windows are mounted on the inside of awning windows. This could make a fast escape difficult in case of a fire or other dangerous situation. However, the construction of awning windows makes entry quite difficult as well.
The Window Professionals are a full service company and we offer no down, 100% financing through Ygrene and the PACE program. If you have any questions about windows or doors please stop by our beautiful showroom in Jupiter or Miami. We can answer any questions you may have, we have been helping people with their windows and doors in South Florida since 1989. If you want it done right, think the Window Professionals.
Call (561) 745 6122
Call (305) 669 4484